The next stop was at the Grand Canyon. There were two parts to this stop, Horseshoe Bend and the North Rim. We visited Horseshoe Bend late in the evening and got a cabin on the North Rim.
There are no fences at the rim and the rock is sandy. I erred and wore flip flops and collected sand along the way. I have a very real respect for heights, Meg calls it my phobia. I was disquieted enough even my feet were sweating and this made my flip flops slippery. I would not willingly get too close to the edge and this limited my picture taking. Not everyone was as cautious as I was.
Walk to the Bend
We then drove to the North Rim and arrived at the cabin almost too late for dinner. We crashed right after we got a bite to eat.
After the North Rim we headed to Canyon de Chelly.
Mark and Meg
- Road Trip 1 – The Beginning
- Road Trip 2 – Sequoia NP, Death Valley and Hoover Dam
- Road Trip 3 – Phoenix
- Road Trip 4 – Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest National Park
- Road Trip 5 – Grand Canyon
- Road Trip 6 – Canyon de Chelly
- Road Trip 7 – Great Salt Lake – Antelope Island
- Road Trip 8 – Dinosaur National Monument
- Road Trip 9 – Rocky Mountain National Park
- Road Trip 10 – Wilson’s Creek Battlefield