Wilson’s Creek was the site of the second major battle of the American Civil War. It is in Missouri and occurred shortly after the first battle of Bull Run. It was a Union defeat and the first Union General to die in the war was killed in this battle.
It was memorial day and they had re-enactors inside. They do field exercises some weekends.
The locals fared poorly after the battle.
Mark and Meg
- Road Trip 1 – The Beginning
- Road Trip 2 – Sequoia NP, Death Valley and Hoover Dam
- Road Trip 3 – Phoenix
- Road Trip 4 – Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest National Park
- Road Trip 5 – Grand Canyon
- Road Trip 6 – Canyon de Chelly
- Road Trip 7 – Great Salt Lake – Antelope Island
- Road Trip 8 – Dinosaur National Monument
- Road Trip 9 – Rocky Mountain National Park
- Road Trip 10 – Wilson’s Creek Battlefield
Leave a comment