We went to Antelope Island, a peninsula extending into the Great Salt Lake. Our hope was to see migrating shore birds and collect some sand from the beach. We were warned that the bugs would be bad and we should take protective action.
Great Salt Lake Views
The birding was not especially good on Antelope Island. We were told it was better in a preserve about an hour North of us. We saw more mammals that birds.
We also saw some coyotes and Meg got some video of one of them grabbing a snack.
We didn’t have time to go to the Northern Sanctuary and failed to find a beach with the sand Meg wanted to collect. So this was not a complete success but we enjoyed seeing the animals.
Mark and Meg
- Road Trip 1 – The Beginning
- Road Trip 2 – Sequoia NP, Death Valley and Hoover Dam
- Road Trip 3 – Phoenix
- Road Trip 4 – Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest National Park
- Road Trip 5 – Grand Canyon
- Road Trip 6 – Canyon de Chelly
- Road Trip 7 – Great Salt Lake – Antelope Island
- Road Trip 8 – Dinosaur National Monument
- Road Trip 9 – Rocky Mountain National Park
- Road Trip 10 – Wilson’s Creek Battlefield